An American in Paris

The online journal of several months abroad... in the City of Light. The chronicles, discoveries, anecdotes, and reflections that go with an American's life in the capital of France.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Monday, January 22, 2007

What to Say? Where to Start?

I have so many topics I'd like to blog about, so many points to bring up for "ponderation," :) the occasional anecdote to relate, etc. I often find myself composing a draft in my head, only for it to be lost in the cobwebs of my brain as I push blogging to the bottom of the to-do list. Admittedly, that's as it should be. Blogging is a leisure activity, not a priority... but I still wish I could get to this more frequently, not only because it serves as my "bulletin board" for my friends and family while I'm on the other side of the world (well, almost...), but also because it will serve as a reference point for me too once I return to civilization... er... once I leave France. ;)

Unfortunately, my thoughts aren't collected enough for a post right now, so I'll just leave you with a picture and let it say a thousand words for me!

I call this photo Reflections.

Have mercy on a body and let me know that you stopped by, by leaving a comment! :) Let me know what you'd be interested in hearing about: daily life, adventures out and about, learning the language, cultural differences, amusing and/or embarrassing anecdotes :)... leave your topic of preference or any questions in the comments. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger MrsDoc said...

I love that picture!
Place de la Concorde?

As for what I want to hear, with the gusto of concupiscence, I holler, "I want it ALL!!" -- I love to hear anything!

I guess if I have to use moderation and humility, I would prioritize "all" into a few topics:
1 - The elder set tends to like to hear about LIFE there, in the form of prices of things, wages, demographics about the places you travel such as where you see young people or children or the white-haired folks...
2 - I love to hear about the parish at St. Nicolas and the youth group, MCJF or MJCF or whatever...
3 - The food, of course, since you're in France! Do they all really have gouter at 4 p.m., or tea time?
4 - In short, keep doing what you're doing.
It's really been wonderful!
Love, Mom

1/22/2007 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I think you oughtta post what you want to post, picking and chosing those items that are most meaningful and dear to you, now and later.

So far, your variety of topics and photos and comments have been very much enjoyed!

THAT IS A GREAT PHOTO AND A GREAT NAME FOR IT!!!

Keep up the good work!

IL Dottore

1/23/2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger Maiella said...

I completely understand what you mean when you say you appreciate it when people leave comments. I had no idea that people other then you and my family were reading my blog until I got back and people told me that they'd been following it religiously. Made me wish they'd posted. :-P

As for what I'd like to read about: anything and everything. :)

1/24/2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Personally, of all the things you post about:
1. None of them are ever boring. I think you could blog about the type of floor surfaces you see abroad, and make it work with your writing style. ;-)
2. All the things you mention in this post are things I love to read about! But if I had a choice, I'd go for the CULTURE. Not necessarily the differences, but the meaty French. Just like your most recent post on the laundry! Classic! ;-)
Dad has the most excellent point, bien sur, to post items most meaningful and dear to you, now and later. We appreciate just having it around to read, share, participate, and ENJOY!!!

Thank you!!! and yes, most FANTASTIC picture!!!

1/24/2007 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home