An American in Paris

The online journal of several months abroad... in the City of Light. The chronicles, discoveries, anecdotes, and reflections that go with an American's life in the capital of France.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

Holed-Up in Houston

Houston, we have a problem!

Er... Houston is fixing the problem. :D

So here I am in humid Houston, spending the night in the Marriott all by myself.

No joke.

I was supposed to be home by now, but air traffic congestion caused delays in leaving Paris this afternoon. We were supposed to take off about 3:55 pm, but didn't get into the air until about 5 pm. Then, we had to make an emergency landing in Montreal because one of the passengers was VERY sick. I don't know what exactly the issue was but the doctor on board couldn't do anything for her, so we landed in Montreal and five EMC-type people came on the plane and the poor girl was wheeled out with them. (I hope she's okay!) That took a little while (I guess about 30 - 45 minutes), but we eventually landed in Houston at 10 til 10 pm. My flight to KC had been scheduled for 9:25... long gone. Fortunately, the airlines are covering the hotel rooms for everyone on the trans-Atlantic flight!!! Thus, I wound up here at the Marriott and will fly out tomorrow at 11:40 am. I have my luggage with me (God is good! :)), but received word that although Rose made it home (via Chicago), her luggage was not so fortunate... probably because she boarded her flight in Chicago literally two minutes before the scheduled take-off! :D

All's well that ends well though! Traveling always affords adventure, :) but I'll be home this time tomorrow (provided things go smoothly from here on out :)).

Linds gets married in less than a week!

Here I am, in the Marriott... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsDoc said...

Since we saw the picture of your "free" room, we were going to come see YOU the next day there -- but you got home before we could make it! Maybe next time... Love, Mom

10/05/2006 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home