An American in Paris

The online journal of several months abroad... in the City of Light. The chronicles, discoveries, anecdotes, and reflections that go with an American's life in the capital of France.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

St. Nicolas du Chardonnet

I entered the Parisian metro at the Malesherbes station about 9:30 Sunday morning... 3 lines, 18 stops, and 45 minutes later, I emerged into the daylight, two blocks away from St. Nicolas du Chardonnet. I followed a group of "trad" looking people who appeared to know each other to the church. Yes! I successfully made it to St. Nicolas yesterday for the 10:30 Mass!! (Last week, you see, I missed Mass :( because I didn't realize it would take an hour to travel six miles and I didn't have a map with me.) I was very happy to be there... at Mass in a foreign country is the best way to truly realize that the Catholic church is indeed one and universal.

From the back of the Church, at the end of the 9 am Mass:
This huge crucifix was beautiful!

It seems that the habit of chatting with friends outside after Mass is just as universal as the Mass itself! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home