An American in Paris

The online journal of several months abroad... in the City of Light. The chronicles, discoveries, anecdotes, and reflections that go with an American's life in the capital of France.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I Challenge You

I am assigning you an exercise in synonyms today. Your homework is to try to go a full day, speaking English, without using any form of the word "get." You will then understand one of the difficulties I ran into, speaking French, a little while back. They don't have any one equivalent for our (ever-so-handy!!) word, "get." I have since gotten past this difficulty, but thought you'd like to share my misery. :P

Can you do it? Let me know how you make out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting challenge. I'll get on it right away!

Oops, I'll tend to that matter here shortly!

(That was a joke. Get It? oops, again....)


Okay, I lose. I'll get off the internet now.


IL DOTTORE

3/05/2007 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home